Archive for the tag 'www'

Oct 12 2008

Webby – Client-side, static content management system

Published under Technology

This afternoon I rebuilt using Webby, stripping out hand-coded HTML and replacing it with much more maintainable Markdown. The site looks about the same as before (which is to say, mediocre), but under the hood it is much easier to update. We intend to use this new ease, to move forward in improving it. […]

Comments Off on Webby – Client-side, static content management system

Mar 06 2007

One URL per page

Published under Business

A few weeks ago I was working on a web site that wasn’t getting as much attention from Google as the site owner expected.  One (of many) issues was that for every “interesting” page (those that had link-worthy material), there were at least three URLs for that same content. Depending on how the user navigated […]

Comments Off on One URL per page

Jan 20 2007

A/B Technique for Web Application Deployment

Published under Technology

This description of my “A/B technique for web application deployment” was transcribed from audio, so it less tight, more verbose than my normal prose. I chose to post it in rough form, rather than leave it on the “back burner” until an unknown future date when I have time to rewrite it. I first explained […]

6 responses so far

Jan 14 2007

Lots of TextDrive downtime

Published under Technology

I apologize for the site downtime today, to my huge audience of loyal readers (er… both of you). It turns out that my new ISP, TextDrive, has been having a lot of downtime on the shared hosting machine my sites are on… frequent freezes/crashes, exacerbated by long delays in noticing and recovering. Apparently it is […]

Comments Off on Lots of TextDrive downtime

Nov 10 2006

Overwhelming blog spam, and Thunderbird vs. POPFile

Published under Technology has become popular with blog comment spammers recently; though because I have moderation on, so far only I have seen the spam (in the WordPress admin interface), it hasn’t reached the public site. In the last week, the quantity has grown enormously, to the extent no longer practical to moderate manually. I’ve installed Akismet, […]

2 responses so far

« Newer Entries