Software entrepreneur, developer: 3 ventures in/out so far. LP to people smarter than me. Looking for something to build/grow next. Technologist: enterprise data systems and architecture, full stack, web, much more.
- Self-taught software developer from age 8
- Wrote business-app production code during high school, which remained in use for 15+ years
- B.S. in Computer Science, 1994, graduated in 3 years, summa cum laude.
- Designed/implemented multiple large, complex software systems. First personally, then as a team, technical, and business leader
- Hired teams, mentored, delegated, transitioned
- Worked in desktop, server, web, cloud, embedded, and mobile software
- Trained numerous developers and teams in Angular and other technologies
- Co-founded a B2B SaaS firm in 2004, sold in 2009
- Founded, grew, moved on from Oasis Digital
- Co-founded, grew, moved on from Expium.com
- LP in a few interesting ventures
- Looking for the Next Big Thing(s)
Old photos that I should replace
Long Bio [Obsolete]
Kyle Cordes is a software development leader and entrepreneur with expertise in numerous technologies. He brings decades of experience in providing insight on the technologies needed for companies to build a competitive advantage in their markets.
Kyle founded Oasis Digital Solutions Inc., a St. Louis, Missouri-based software consulting firm, in 2001 and has since worked with clients on developing custom software for workflow management, application integration, business process automation, web application, handheld devices, among other areas. Leading the efforts of Oasis Digital, Kyle works with customers that are generally not well served by off-the-shelf software or are in the wake of a previous failed effort. Using rigorous development practices, close collaboration and a variety of languages and technologies, Oasis Digital works with clients to produce high quality software quickly. Kyle and his team have worked with clients across the United States to offer expert assistance (consulting or training) to help companies become more productive or get past a hurdle.
Most recently, Kyle was also a co-founder of a vertical market software-as-a-service business, Mobile Workforce Management LLC, maker of TicketRx, a software solution for the utility locating industry. Kyle sold MWM LLC in 2009.
Prior to founding Oasis Digital, Kyle served as a consultant at information technology consulting firm Ajilon and as Director of Information Technology at Automation Service, an industrial remanufacturing firm. He graduated summa cum laude with a bachelor’s of computer science degree from the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
His experience as an entrepreneur and business manager, along with his excellent communications skills serve him well as a good presenter, coach and advisor. Kyle often speaks at user groups and other events.
Kyle is an occasional blogger at kylecordes.com, where he shares information and expertise on software development and the business thereof. He also enjoys traveling and voluminous reading. Kyle resides in the St. Louis area.