Strengths (for us)
- It is a “programmable programming language”, especially good for building abstractions – the usual LISP strength.
- Is it is possible to use the same(-ish) language on the client and server; our projects benefitted from this for years in the boring old days of desktop client-server development.
- Server side Clojure is built on Java runtimes and libraries: proven, strong, dominant, multiplatform.
- Although there are not a great number of ClojureScript developers, they tend to be good developers.
- Although parentheses-first syntax does not bother me, it does bother some developers.