Feb 11 2013
Strengths (for us)
- It is a “programmable programming language”, especially good for building abstractions – the usual LISP strength.
- Is it is possible to use the same(-ish) language on the client and server; our projects benefitted from this for years in the boring old days of desktop client-server development.
- Server side Clojure is built on Java runtimes and libraries: proven, strong, dominant, multiplatform.
- Although there are not a great number of ClojureScript developers, they tend to be good developers.
- Although parentheses-first syntax does not bother me, it does bother some developers.
If you found this post useful, please link to it from your web site, mention it online, or mention it to a colleague.
No responses yet